Shipe Travels is continuously looking to push boundaries and set global trends through academic tours to premier Universities in Canada. Our trips offer pleasurable and memorable learning experiences to our upcoming generation of leaders.
Through our partnerships with Canada’s finest and prestigious universities ie Western University, Windsor University, Ottawa University, Ryerson University, McMaster University and so many more, students get an opportunity to travel, learn, explore, experience and have firsthand interaction with what it would be like to pursue higher education in these top institutes.
Taking part in our academic tours will not only provide insight on campus life in these universities but will also prepare the students for what to expect after they have finished their secondary education. More so, it will also be an opportunity for the students to secure opportunities to continue their higher education in the host universities.
The first academic tour is scheduled to take place from the 11th to 19th April 2019, so book early to secure your slot and relish the value of experience and excellence.
Important information to note:
- Students between the ages 16-18 i.e. Grade 11 and 12 are mostly encouraged to take part in our academic tours. We however welcome any other students not in the age range to join us with parents’ consent.
- English and Kiswahili will be the main languages used for communication during our trips. However should we have students who speak other international languages, we shall attempt to find a translator amongst us.
- All students from the East African Community are encouraged to take part in the tours. In addition, International students studying in Kenya are also very much welcome and shall be accommodated.
- The academic trips are scheduled to take place during the April and August School breaks.
- The trips are scheduled to last six days and shall entail; bed& breakfast, introductory meetings, orientation, faculty presentations, campus tours, city round tours, cocktails,a trip to Niagara falls etc. The pre-planned schedule from our host, Western University will be attached to each student’s air ticket.
- Students are requested to carry warm clothing as it will be the end of winter and therefore the temperatures will still be moderately low.
- Payment can be done directly to our bank account or via Mpesa.
- The Shipe team shall oversee the trip and shall physically be available to accompany the students alongside their teachers and accompanying parents. Our host university’s dean of student shall also be available to provide assistance to the group.